Here at Penaluna’s we love the great outdoors and the Brecon Beacons is a particular favorite. Which is why we are thrilled to see that the Brecon Beacons has beaten other areas such as the Gower, Snowdonia and the Llyn Peninsula to win a prestigious place in the final six of WalesOnline’s Special Place’s Campaign. It is now down to the public to decide which out of the final six is their favorite.
The annual competition began in June with 120 amazing Welsh locations split across six categories with the winner of each category going to a public vote and to be named the nation’s favorite Special Place of 2016.
The other finalists are,
- Dyffryn Gardens – winner of the Parks and Gardens category.
- Caerphilly Castle – winner of the Historic Site category.
- National Library of Wales – winner of the Most Beautiful Building in Wales category.
- Abereiddi Blue Lagoon – winner of the Family Fun Location category.
- Aberporth Beach – winner of the Beach category.
- Brecon Beacons – winner of the Welsh countryside category.
To make sure that your chosen winner is crowned the winner of 2016 Special Place’s then head to the WalesOnline website to vote for your favorite.
With it being the Summer now is the perfect time to go and explore the beauty of the beacons, witness the wildlife and enjoy the peace of the mountains.
Over the next few weeks, we want you to share all your adventures with us. All you have to do is tag us in your adventure photos using the hashtag #penalunas.
Each week we will select our favorite photo to share on our Facebook page and give away a free portion of standard fish and chips to the winner.